AOL Desktop Gold Guide: How To Delete AOL Account
What is AOL Desktop Gold?
You must have listened to the OTT platforms. The platform where you find all your entertainment shows in one place. Similarly, the AOL Desktop Gold is similar. This platform also consists of all the other important apps and things you want to do on your system.
Instead of going to different apps, you will find everything on the same platform. Whether it is your email or games, you will find everything here. So, you won’t lose any important updates as everything is in front of you. But, to use the AOL Desktop Gold, you first need to download it.
So, in this blog, you will learn about downloading the AOL Desktop Gold, making an account, and even deleting it. Therefore, this blog is a complete guide to learning about the AOL desktop.
How To Complete AOL Desktop Download Free?
To have the benefits of AOL Desktop Gold, you first need to download it. Don’t worry, and there is no cost to download it. You can complete the AOL desktop download free. Once you install AOL Desktop Gold, you can browse, play, and learn on the same platform.
But before you start downloading the AOL, you need to check the system requirements. In any case, if the requirements are not met for the downloading, then the AOL desktop won’t work properly. So, the requirements are:
- At least free space of 512MB on the hard drive.
- Windows 7 or newer version.
- Minimum 1GB RAM.
- An uninterrupted internet connection
- The latest version of the web browser
- The fastest computer processor of more than 266 MHz
- Screen resolution of more than 1024X768
Steps To Download AOL Desktop Gold
Once you have checked the requirements, you must go through the downloading process. For this, there are three different cases for downloading the AOL Desktop Gold.
As per every case, there are different steps to download the AOL desktop. So, below are the steps mentioned for every case.
- You are an AOL Plan Member
If you already have a membership for AOL, then go with the following steps. There is no additional cost to download AOL with the membership.
- First, open the AOL webpage in your browser.
- Then, log in to the MyBenefits page of AOL.
- Go to “All Products” and then scroll down to “AOL Desktop Gold.”
- Next, click on the Download Now button.
- You have a trial version or subscription to AOL Desktop Gold.
In case you are using the trial version earlier and are satisfied with it, then go with the following:
- First, go to your AOL page, and log in to your “My Account” page.
- Next, click on the available option of “My Services.”
- Then, click on the “Subscriptions” option.
- Search for the “AOL Desktop Gold” and then click on the “Get Started”option.
- You have the Signup Confirmation Link in your email.
After signing up for the AOL desktop, you must have received the signup confirmation email. So, after you have received the email, go with the following steps:
- Look for the subject line in your email inbox, “Get Started For AOL Desktop Gold.”
- Now, open the required email.
- Then, click on the provided link for “Download AOL Desktop Gold.”
- Now, go to the Downloads folder in your system, and look for the downloaded file.
- At last, click on the Save button.
So, in this way, you have downloaded the AOL Desktop Gold for free. Now, the next thing is to do the installation process.
Installing The AOL Desktop
After downloading the AOL Desktop, you need to install it to use it. Therefore, follow the points mentioned below for the installation procedure:
- After downloading the application, go to the Downloads folder in your system.
- Then, look for the Install_AOL_Desktop icon and double-click on it.
- Next, click on the Run button and then the Install now button.
With this, the AOL Desktop is installed in your system. The last thing you need to do is to restart your system. After restarting the system, you can use your AOL desktop application.
So, now you have all the required applications on one platform.
If you don’t want to keep your AOL account, you can also delete it. To know more about this, go to the next section.
Steps To Delete AOL Account
Deleting the AOL Desktop Account is a simple task. The only thing you should remember is the username and password. So, go with the following steps to delete the AOL Desktop account.
- First, go to your AOL Desktop application.
- Then, look for the Settings option in the app.
- Next, choose the General tab,& select the option of Manage Users in the menu.
- From the list, select the username you want to delete from the account.
- At last, click on the “Remove” button.
- Again, click on the “Remove” button, and then click on “Continue” to confirm the choice.
With this, you will delete the AOL Desktop account you want. So, this is all about the AOL Desktop Gold, and you can have it all on one platform.
The AOL Desktop Gold is an amazing application. It is easy to manage things when you have them all in one place. You can play games, and at the same time, you cannot miss an important notification or email.
So, it is a good application overall. Anyhow, in the blog, every detail about AOL Gold is discussed. The downloading of the AOL Desktop to delete AOL accounts is mentioned in this blog.
But still, if there is any problem with the AOL Desktop, you can contact our experts. They are available 24/7 to help you out with AOL. Therefore, don’t miss something important with AOL Desktop.